With summer in full swing, sun exposure is a major concern when it comes to the health of your skin. In addition to slathering on sunscreen throughout the day, it’s also wise to hold off on certain med spa treatments until you’re likely to be spending more time indoors. However, we offer plenty of treatments that are totally safe to do in the summer, such as injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic for women and men from Vero Beach, Melbourne, and Port Saint Lucie, Florida. Some can even combat signs of sun damage you may already be experiencing.
Before you book your next appointment at White Orchid Spa, take a look at our recommendations.
Safe Summer Treatments
- Injectables (BOTOX and Dermal Fillers): If you want to smooth wrinkles and enhance your facial contouring in the summer months, injectables are a safe option. These treatments generally require little to no downtime and aren’t especially affected by sun exposure.
- CoolSculpting®: This nonsurgical body contouring treatment at our Vero Beach med spa can help you slim down stubborn pockets of fat, and it’s safe to do year-round. While it’s always important to protect yourself from the sun, heat and UV rays won’t particularly affect your CoolSculpting results.
- Microneedling & PRP: Fine lines, acne scars, and large pores can all be treated with this approach, which creates micro-injuries in the skin and stimulates natural collagen production. After microneedling, we apply platelet-rich plasma (PRP), which is efficiently absorbed through the micro-channels and boosts the body’s healing process. You may experience some redness for a day or 2, but you’ll typically be safe to enjoy time outdoors once it subsides.
- KYBELLA®: Reducing the appearance of a double chin and defining your jawline can make all the difference in vacation photos. This product is injected during a quick appointment, causing fat cells in the area to gradually break down. Sun exposure typically isn’t a concern, so you won’t have to wait until summer’s over to sculpt a jawline you love.
Better Winter Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Resurfacing with the Halo™ hybrid fractional laser causes the damaged outer layers of skin to flake off, revealing a new, healthier layer underneath. This new skin can be sensitive to UVA and UVB rays, so many find it’s best to have this treatment done when the days are shorter and the sun’s rays less intense.
- Laser Hair Removal: Hair follicles are especially sensitive to the sun after laser hair removal, and protection from the sun’s harmful rays is essential. We recommend using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Most people see the best results after several sessions spaced a few weeks apart, so it works well to start treatments in the winter and complete them just before summer.
- Forever Young BBL™: This Broadband Light treatment evens out skin tone and addresses discoloration. Avoiding direct sun exposure is essential after your appointment.
You can learn more about the best treatments for winter in a previous blog post.
Of course, sun protection is always essential for healthy, youthful skin. You can find powerful sun protection products for everyday use in our skincare shop.
If you would like to learn more about the best seasonal timing for BOTOX injections or other med spa treatments at our Vero Beach practice, please contact us using the online form or call (772) 231-1133 to request a consultation.