In the crowded field of nonsurgical body contouring treatments, there are essentially 2 ways to reduce fat. Devices destroy fat cells either by heating them or “freezing” them. CoolSculpting Elite is the only treatment that uses cold temperatures for fat reduction, while several options exist for “heat sculpting.”
The question is: Which is better?
What Is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is an innovative, non-invasive treatment that uses controlled cooling to target and eliminate fat cells. The procedure involves placing an applicator on the targeted area, which exposes the underlying fat cells to temperatures low enough to induce cell death. The treatment doesn’t damage the skin or other tissue because fat cells die at temperatures that don’t harm other cells.
The body naturally eliminates the dead cells during the following weeks and months, reducing the layer of fat in the treated area.
What Is Heat Sculpting?
Heat sculpting or warm sculpting refers to nonsurgical body contouring that uses heat to destroy fat cells. Heat sculpting devices vary in their technology. Some use laser energy, while others generate heat with radiofrequency or ultrasound waves. As with CoolSculpting, the fat cells gradually die, and the body removes them through the lymphatic system.
Freezing or Melting Fat: Which Is Best for You?
CoolSculpting and heat sculpting devices share the same goal—reducing localized pockets of fat in trouble spots such as the hips, abdomen, thighs, and under the chin. CoolSculpting pioneered non-invasive fat reduction, and clinical studies have documented its effectiveness.
Benefits of CoolSculpting:
- Precision: CoolSculpting® Elite includes applicators designed for specific areas, precisely targeting the fat cells without damaging other tissue. This precision enhances your body’s natural curves, leading to a more sculpted appearance.
- Minimal discomfort: Patients relax during the treatment, scrolling through smartphones, reading, or even taking naps. Unlike heat sculpting, which may cause discomfort due to heat application, CoolSculpting offers a more comfortable experience for patients.
- Predictable, gradual results: CoolSculpting produces a gradual fat reduction, allowing your skin to adjust naturally and minimizing the risk of sagging. This gradual process ensures a more natural-looking transformation.
Limitations of Heat Sculpting:
- Variability: Results can vary based on the chosen technology, the provider’s expertise, and individual patient factors.
- Comfort level: Some patients may find the heat sensation uncomfortable during the procedure.
- Downtime: Depending on the intensity of the treatment, patients might experience mild to moderate downtime due to redness, swelling, or soreness.
CoolSculpting’s unique applicators enable providers to treat virtually any area fat accumulates. These include:
- Flanks (love handles or muffin tops)
- Inner and outer thighs
- Upper arms
- Lower and upper back (bra fat)
- Below the chin (double chin) and jawline
- Under the buttocks (banana roll)
Fat reduction devices that rely on heat are typically less versatile.
Learn More About CoolSculpting Elite
If you have stubborn areas of fat that persist despite regularly working out and consuming a nutritious diet, CoolSculpting Elite may be the right solution. Thanks to advancements in CoolSculpting technology, we can offer you more efficiency, greater comfort, and better results than ever before. If you’re ready to take the next step toward a more sculpted physique, request a consultation or contact us at (772) 231-1133 for an appointment.