With summer in full swing, CoolSculpting® remains one of the hottest treatments at our medical spa in Vero Beach, FL. This popular body contouring treatment literally freezes away fat cells, shrinking rolls and bulges—all without the need for surgery.
However, while many of our patients want to feel their best for bikini season, they may not know what to expect from the CoolSculpting process. How exactly does the treatment work? And are there any ways to boost your results and lose as much fat as possible?
Good news: There’s nothing to fear from treatment, and there are many ways you can support your body’s fat-shedding process. If you’re considering CoolSculpting to look your best this summer, this is what you need to know.
During Your CoolSculpting Treatment
CoolSculpting is a fat reduction treatment that uses a specially designed applicator to target “pinchable” areas of fat. The applicator suctions the fatty tissue into place and carefully exposes it to cool, controlled temperatures. As the fat cells are exposed to cold air, they freeze and eventually die off.
Here are a few things to keep in mind during your treatment session:
- Stay relaxed: It’s normal to feel a bit nervous, but don’t worry—there’s nothing to fear. There are no injections or incisions during a CoolSculpting treatment. All you need to do is relax in your reclined chair and let our experienced Vero Beach CoolSculpting team do the work.
- Bring something to pass the time: A CoolSculpting session typically takes 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the number of areas you’re having treated. Feel free to read a book or watch shows on your phone to pass the time.
- Your skin will begin to feel numb—and that’s normal: You may feel pulling and tugging at first, but cold air will numb the treatment area over time. Our nurse practitioners will check in on you throughout treatment to make sure you still feel comfortable.
After Your CoolSculpting Session
As a nonsurgical treatment, you’ll be able to return to work or home immediately after your CoolSculpting session. In the hours and days after treatment, here are a few tips and tricks to follow:
- Massage your treatment area: Vigorously massaging the area for 5 minutes immediately after treatment may slightly increase the amount of fat that disappears. Your provider will be able to instruct you on the best way to massage your specific target spots.
- Avoid anti-inflammatories: To support your body’s fat cell removal process, refrain from using painkillers such as ibuprofen until a few days after your treatment.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle: While CoolSculpting is a fat reduction treatment, it isn’t a substitute for weight loss. Eat nutritious food and work out regularly to maintain your body contouring results.
- Remember to be patient: Many patients are excited to see their results as soon as possible, but it takes time for the body to shed frozen fat cells. As the weeks pass, your target spots will begin to shrink. You can also schedule additional CoolSculpting cycles to see more dramatic results.
If you would like to learn more about CoolSculpting and other medical spa treatments here in Vero Beach, please request a consultation online. You can also contact our practice by phone at (772) 231-1133.