As Covid-19 has become a part of our daily lives, all of us here at White Orchid Spa have worked diligently to ensure a relaxing and safe environment for our guests to experience a momentary escape from these turbulent times.
Upon our reopening, we decided to keep our amenities (locker rooms, relaxation room, salt rooms, and saunas) closed while we continued to monitor the situation and research the safest way to reopen these shared facilities for guest access. Opening the salt rooms and saunas, in particular, have been a priority as we appreciate the health benefits they offer our guests.
Here at the White Orchid Spa, it is essential to offer you the complete spa experience, which includes these valuable therapies. We are very excited to announce that starting Monday, August 3rd, we will be reopening these amenities with strict safety guidelines recommended by ISPA and other professional health organizations.
The additional guidelines implemented for the shared amenities include:
- All guests will have the option to be taken back directly to their treatment room should they prefer not to use the shared amenity and relaxation spaces.
- All lockers, showers, bathrooms, relaxation rooms, saunas, and high contact areas and surfaces will be disinfected at a minimum every 60 minutes with hospital-grade Citrus 2 cleaner and 99% alcohol solution.
- Sanitation stations with hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, and hand lotion have been installed for guest use as frequently as possible.
- Social distancing guidelines are in place for all relaxation and common areas.
- Guests are required to wear a mask in common areas for their protection, especially when social distancing recommendations cannot be met. Wearing a mask is not recommended while using the saunas.
- Individually-wrapped amenity kits and snacks have replaced the previous options.
- To further our efforts, we have recently added Airfree Filterless Air Purifiers in every treatment room and most common areas. These air purifiers utilize thermodynamic technology that continuously destroys bacteria, viruses, mildew, mold, and other organic allergens, and they run 24/7 to provide consistent air purification.
As previously established, the below guidelines will remain in place to continue guest and employee safety:
- All employees will have their temperature taken before their workday and will wear masks throughout the day as an enhanced safety measure.
- All guests will have their temperature taken upon their arrival. Guests will also be required to wear masks when entering the facility and while relaxing in any of the common areas with the exception of the saunas and during treatment.
- Touchless payment systems have been implemented by association recommendations. A credit or debit card number will be required over the phone at the time of reservation.
- As always, service providers will wash their hands with antibacterial soap between every guest and wear disposable gloves during each patient’s treatment upon request.
- Treatment tables, equipment, countertops, and cabinets are cleaned between each patient with a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Over 30 hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the facility, and all guests are encouraged to use it. Guests may be asked to wash their hands when entering treatment rooms.
- We will ensure that patients will remain 6 feet apart during check-in and out procedures.
- Commonly touched surfaces will be disinfected regularly throughout the Spa.
- We are minimizing our team’s physical contact where possible, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
Benefits of our Amenities
Halotherapy, or Dry Salt Therapy, has origins that date back to the 1800s. Halotherapy utilizes pharmaceutical grade salt that is heated and ground into tiny particles that are then dispersed into the salt room. While relaxing in the salt room, guests inhale some salt particles with the remaining ones falling onto their skin. Though the scientific community is not sure how exactly Halotherapy works, studies have shown that Halotherapy may improve symptoms of respiratory and skin conditions caused by various pollutants and allergens. Also, having some quiet time in a softly lit room, without distractions of daily life and technology, can help you relax and take a moment to unwind.
Similarly, Saunas have been used for thousands of years and can help guests relax, reduce stress, and improve overall wellness. Saunas use high heat, which can increase a person’s heart rate and widen their blood vessels. This response helps increase circulation, similar to that of exercise, which may lower the risk of cardiovascular disease. Furthermore, an increase in circulation may also help reduce muscle soreness, joint stiffness, and increase relaxation. Though there are some precautions to consider before using a sauna, they are generally safe and beneficial to many.